PH Team at the 10th ASEAN Skills Competition
“Go for God, Go for Gold, Team Pilipinas” for 10th ASEAN Skills Competition. Wearing the pin of the Philippine flag, delegates to the ASEAN Skills Competition left on Saturday, October 18, for Hanoi, Vietnam with the aim to go for the gold.
“Go for God, Go for Gold, Team Pilipinas, as one,” was the battlecry of the 42-member delegation, composed of the competitors to skills match, their coaches and officials of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
They will participate at the 10th ASEAN Skills Competition (ASC) scheduled from October 19 to 29, 2014.
The biennial meet was designed to showcase the skills of students and graduates, and promote and improve technical vocational skills in the region.
Secretary Joel Villanueva, TESDA Director General, underscored the importance of having faith in God and in oneself, and focusing on the goal during the competition.
Villanueva earlier met with the delegates in a send-off ceremony at the TESDA Women’s Center in Taguig City.
“Remember that you have to pass through the eye of the needle to be in this spot, because not everyone gets the chance to represent the country in a prestigious international competition,” he said.
“Don’t be overexcited. Don’t feel pressured to win. Just keep your cool and focus on the work you have to do. To us, you are all winners already. Keep the faith and enjoy yourselves,” Villanueva told the delegates.
The Team had the full support from the TESDA III Officials and Region III TVI Associations’ Officers. The Region 3 group was present during the Opening Ceremony of the 10th ASC held on October 23, 2014. Aside from a show of support, the group shall also benchmark to witness how skills competition is being conducted internationally and see the technology being applied during the competition, which they could emulate in future conduct and hosting of similar events.
The competitors will participate in the following trade areas: Beauty Therapy, Mechatronics, Fashion Technology, Mechanical Engineering Design-CAD, Graphic Design Technology, IT Software Solutions for Business, Cooking, Welding, Restaurant Services, Electronics, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Web Design, IT Network System Administration, Electrical Installation, Industrial Automation and Hairdressing.
The send-off ceremony started with a Holy Mass and featured messages of exhortation from TESDA executives representing the various regions and partner institutions that supported the training of the competitors in preparation for the skills competition. RD Teodoro M. Gatchalian is also among those TESDA Officials who gave his message of support and goodluck, and placed the pin to delegates coming from Region 3.
Out of the 18 competitors, 8 are from Region 3 and they are the following:
- Rey Mark S. De Mayo, Peace Training Center – Beauty Therapy
- Joshua D. Mina, CLSU-CTC, Munoz, Nueva Ecija – Mechanical Engineering Design CAD
- Francis Erizz C. Tolentino, ACL-Malolos – IT Software Solutions for Business
- Percian Joseph C. Borja, Eastwoods Professional College of Science and Technology – Web Design
- Christopher J. Gania, St. Nicolas College-Pampanga – Graphic Design/Technology
- Angelica I. Rafallo, Mel B. Learning Institute – Hairdressing
- Gino A. Eulatic, RTC-Mariveles – Electrical Installations
- Keith A. Beja, PTC Orion – Electronics
- Joshua F. Lizardo, Baguio City School of Arts and Trade -Cooking
- Michelle D. Navarro, MFI Foundation, Inc. – Mechatronics
- Mark Jason B. Torio, MFI Foundation, Inc. – Mechatronics
- Karlos Emmanjuel A. Buted, Lyceum of the Philippines University-Batangas – Restaurant Services
- Glenn Christopher B.Silang – MFI Foundation, Inc. – Industrial Automation
- Jemuel Gerson S.Isnec, MFI Foundation, Inc. – Industrial Automation
- Lunar Angelo E. Pajarola, MFI Foundation, Inc. – IT Network System Administration
- Christian Ray Callo, PTC-Malilipot – Welding
- Lhemuel C. Endaya, RTC-Pili – Refrigeration and Air-conditioning (RAC)
- Jessica P. Babon, Sisters of Mary – Fashion Technology
The 16 coaches/experts are:
- Clarinna A. Cabayan, Bergoend Hair and Make-up Studio-Wellness and Spa Professional Services – Beauty Therapy
- Jose Gabriel E. Prats, Culinary Institute of Aristocrat, Malate, Manila – Cooking
- Dennis Porlaje, MFI Foundation, Pasig City – Mechatronics
- Faustino M. Salazar, Jr., CLSU-CTC, Munoz, Nueva Ecija – Mechanical Engineering Design CAD
- Joey C. Manansala, Jr., ACLC-Malolos, Bulacan – IT Software Solutions for Business
- Stephen I. Cezar, TESDA – Web Design
- Glennjo T. Quinto, St. Nicolas College, Pampanga – Graphic Design Technology
- Angelito F. Falconi III, Angelo Falconi III Salon Professionals, Inc. – Hairdressing
- Dexter R. Buted – LPU, Batangas – Restaurant Service
- Randelle A. Dacanay, MFI Foundation, Pasig City – Industrial Automation
- Henry J. Ocampo, RTC-Mariveles, Bataan – Electrical Installation
- Joey F. Orating, MFI Foundation, Pasig City – IT Network Systems Administration
- Samuel M. Cunanan, Norwegian Training Center – Welding
- Manuel P. Azucena, UNEP-ROWA/RACTAP – Refrigeration and Airconditioning
- Maria A. Roque, TESDA – Fashion Technology
- Junjon L. Santuyo, PTC-Orion – Electronics