Sec. Joel leads NE, Pampanga mass graduation rites

You made the right choice with tech-voc education, says Secretary Joel Villanueva, Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) Director General, because jobs are waiting for every tech-voc graduate, as he leads the mass graduation of more than 4,000 tech-voc scholars in Nueva Ecija and Pampanga at separate venues on September 26, 2012.

Sec. Villanueva described TESDA and its technical education and skills development (TESD) programs as the college for jobs. More than 60% of our tech-voc graduates nationwide land jobs here and abroad. The remaining 40% are being catered to by the TESDA Specialista Technopreneurship Program, which promotes self-employment and livelihood among our graduates in tandem with the local government units. We provide starter tool-kits and other vital support to our Specialistas, who are now earning well to support their families, he said.

He added that TESDA is the first choice of companies in need of skilled workers citing the international recognition for the National Certificates being issued by the agency. In terms of overseas employment, the Philippine Overseas Employment Agency can attest to the high demand for skilled Filipinos like welders and food and beverage service attendants. We attribute this success to the quality service of our services which has earned the coveted ISO certification, he said. So far, TESDA is the only government agency devoted to training and education that is ISO certified.

The youthful secretary further stressed that landing a good paying job is no longer a game of chance. Hindi ako naniniwala na tsamba ang dahilan kung bakit kayo (the graduates) naririto ngayon. He cited the results of a recent survey of more than 5,000 companies which states that at least 86% of the companies are “satisfied with TESDA’s services. More importantly, they are “satisfied with the tech-voc graduates.

He then challenged the Training for Work Scholarship Program (TWSP) scholar-graduates to work extra hard, and to work with passion and pride to achieve success. Ang tagumpay ninyo at tagumpay ng ating bayan, he said.

Meantime, TESDA-Central Luzon Regional Director Ted Gatchalian explained that the mass graduation aims to further promote TESD as one of the best means to boost the employment of the people. It is also a good opportunity for us to gather and pay tribute to our partners from the private sector, and local government units who has been supporting our programs.

The Nueva Ecija rites at the Palayan Convention Center, themed: TVET, Our Choice and Pathway Toward Successful Careers, is organized by the Nueva Ecija Association of Technical Vocational Institutionsheaded by its Reynato Arimbuyutan. On the other hand, the Pampanga Mass Graduation and TVET Trainees Day at the University of Assumption Gym, dubed as TESDA, Kaantabe Queng Tagumpe (TESDA, Partner to Success) is led by the Pampanga Federation of Technical Vocational Institutions headed by Gregorio ‘Bong’ Sison. Providing support are the TESDA-Nueva Ecija and Pampanga, headed by Provincial Director Luz Amponin and Officer-in-Charge Jenica Dunglao, respectively.

Make an appointment

SMART: 0947-8973-348
GLOBE: 0917-7079-324

Regional Director: TONI JUNE A. TAMAYO

Address: Diosdado Macapagal Government Center, Maimpis, City of San Fernando, Pampanga Philippines

Copyright © 2012. Official Website of Technical Education and Skills Development - Central Luzon Office. All rights reserved.

Official Website of Technical Education and Skills Development